Your book needs to stand out against the thousands
of book published each year.
Top Websites to
Promote Your Book for FREE
Use your free membership to promote yourself and your books. Reviews are essential and reviews on Goodreads site help your book to really stand out to millions of visitors.
Wattpad has experienced explosive growth since its inception and has become the world’s most popular destination to publish and read e-books. Wattpad delivers billions of pages from its library of works created and published by the Wattpad community.
- On BookTalk, You’ll find an online reading group and book discussion forum that can help you discover new books. If you’re an author or publisher looking to promote your books, you are welcome to use BookTalk.org as a tool to reach a vast audience of book lovers. They have a Google Page Rank of 5, over 14,000 members and close to 700,000 site views per month. Book discussion forums are free and open to anyone including authors and publishers. Create a free account and write about your books in either the Fiction Book Forum or Non-Fiction Book Forum. Mail a few copies of your print book and it will be advertised. They will advertise your book on the Home page for 15 to 30 days and on the Featured Book Suggestions page permanently.”
Booktalk.com is an online booklovers’ community composed of many of today’s bestselling and popular authors. Personalized author home pages contain excerpts from bestselling novels as well as information about upcoming releases, author notes and personal hobbies and interests as well as publisher, literary agent and book industry information. Writing related articles by Booktalk authors and others in the writing community and upcoming literary events are also included.
Authors are always welcome to post about their books in the Book Bazaar.
- Library Thing
Social networking site and forum for book lovers. Free profile where each book contains tags, reviews and links to conversations about the book.
Enables you to build a virtual book shelf, that include book reviews from Amazon and to interact with your Shelfari community.
Features weekly top rated books, top talent spotters. You can join the forum, upload books and post reviews.
List yourself at this writers and authors directory, sorted by genre or location. Various resources for writers, agents and publishers.
- Bibliophil Forum about books.
Offers: profile with books appearing in signature, list of favorite and wished books.
Share Your Poems, Short Stories, Novels, and more with the world. Sign up, it’s free.
- BookBrowse Selected book listing, authors interviews, link to authors’ website; Reviewed by humans, not all books accepted, check submission guidelines.
- Nothing Binding
Upload and manage your book cover image & book promotion materials. Showcase your work for free: writings, books, articles, short stories, essays, poems and more.
- Book Buzzr
Has a 30 days free trial listing and a paid listing with monthly payment of under $5.
- Filed By Kind of “Twitter” for authors , platform for books, have your own author site, post short blogs.
- Bookhitch Free Listing: a 60 words description and 5 keywords per book. Premium listing : $19.95/year – 120 words description and space for book reviews.
- Jacket Flap
For children books only. Directory of children books, publishers and professionals related to children book publishing. You can create your own profile to add your book and blog for free.
Find out what others are reading on Scribd. This service is somewhat comparable with Wattpad. Authors upload their PDF, Word, and PowerPoint docs to share them with the world’s largest community of readers.
Authors can advertise free for thirty days. Submit a portrait photo (jpg), up to fifty words inviting readers to your website and your URL where your book(s) are for sale. After thirty days it is as low as 27 cents a day.
- SavvyBookWriters Blog
As often mentioned on this blog, please feel free to submit your book’s jpeg photo, description and author information and we will promote your book for FREE.
A lively mix of author interviews, audio book previews and chats with those influential in the literary world, The Book Report has become appointment listening for bibliophiles and book clubs alike.
- Tim Greaton Forum
Tim Greaton is presenting the most talented authors & artists, living and working in our world today.
Figment is a community where you can share your writing, connect with other people who love to read, and discover new stories and authors. (In a nutshell.) Figment was co-founded by Dana Goodyear, a staff writer at The New Yorker, and Jacob Lewis, the former Managing Editor at The New Yorker and Condé Nast Portfolio.
Planning a PR campaign
for Your Book:
– the Basics of what is needed
Six months before publication:
- Development of the Electronic Press Kit
- Query for Internet Reviews
- Query for Critical Reviews
- National Book Awards
- Submit book to long lead magazines for possible review or excerpt
- Marketing to your target audience groups
Month of Publication and through the end of the contract:
- Local Media, Booksignings and Libraries
- Talk Radio/Local TV
- Wire Services (press release)
- Speaking Engagements
Your Book As a Business
– Make YOUR Book the Next BIG thing!
Charmaine Hammond, an award-winning bestselling author of On Toby’s Terms; Toby The Pet Therapy Dog & His Hospital Friends; GPS Your Best Life; and the upcoming, Toby Says Be A Buddy, Not A Bully, has developed a program, “Your Book As a Business—the Ultimate Guide” to help authors turn their book into a “cash-cow” success. In less than two years Charmaine has written four books (one of which is in motion picture development), and developed successful products she uses in her lucrative speaking career. Her secret? She treats her book as a business. She can help you will discover how to:
- Make your book a business
- Maximize your exposure on Amazon and other on-line sites
- Plan a successful book launch and virtual campaign
- Market like a master
- Build a solid platform for securing speaking events based on your book;
- Create a community of champions and sponsors to help sell your book and / or, underwrite aspects of your book business and more.
Charmaine has been featured on many TV and radio programs including Alberta Prime Time, CTV, Global News, CTSTV, CBC Radio, CTV, CHAM 820 Radio, and many forms of print media.
FREE (e)-book listings:
A book doesn’t just sell itself. You can help create a demand for the book. When your book is showing up on many websites, it become more visible to readers. Here are some of the many that provide free listings:
For your book to sell, you need to create the demand.
You need an audience, a platform – which you will get when your book is showing up on many websites, visible to readers.
Would you like to learn how to connect with the top websites your potential buyers are already visiting almost every day?
The Top 10 Ways to Market Online by John Kremer, author of 1001 Ways to Market Your Book, teaches authors:
- How to use blog commenting to get your foot in the door for much bigger things.
- How to use Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Goodreads, and Pinterest to build up your fan base.
- How to create a viral video that gets watched - and passed on. How to do a blog tour that really creates impact.
- How to use Q&A columns to build relationships with key websites - and get key eyeballs over and over again.
- How, why, and when to send out press releases online.
- How, why, and where to give out your book free.
- How to become a regular guest blogger on high-traffic websites.
- How to create an Amazon bestseller - or something even better - long-term book sales.
- How to podcast your way to fame and fortune.